We're a six person homeschooling family--complete with one 62 pound "puppy" and two grumpy part-Siamese cats-- on a cross-country pilgrimmage to a new brand new life (in the dead of winter). Come along for the ride! Is there a Starbucks near here?

Saturday, January 28, 2006

Foo's favorite memories

I just realized that other day the being a moderator on the site means I can post.

Some of my favorite memories on the trip:

Calico ghost town: Mom handed me the camera and told me to take pictures, which made me extremely happy :). I love taking pictures, and making people pose. The picture below was my favorite. There where two groups for a while (boo, and mom) and (dad, the man child, and the little one), so I had to run back and forth getting pictures of each group.

(One day I'll get all of the pictures from my camera on here)

















The Hoover Dam: In the picture below my mom told us to turn around as we where walking, so that she could get a picture, and boo and I turned around so fast she wasn't able to catch it. She just got us laughing after she said "I didn't get it. Do it again". The actual Dam was amazing. It was much bigger than I thought it was going to be, and I had no idea that it was on the border of Arizona and Nevada. Our favorite joke was "thanksgiving 2020 remember that one road trip when mom and dad made us walk all the way from Arizona to Nevada, and BACK!"
























Jelly Belly factory: This was the first indicator to us kids that this trip was more "fly by the seat of our pants" than we thought. The factory was probably one of the best things we did. We got FREE stylish hats (they where even ajustable hytech...Yes?), FREE jelly beans, and FREE fun....Cheesy...Yes?. We bought some belly flops as well....Which boo and I are now fighting over for which ones we want for our "healthy" brunch...

















The first morning: Again, mom gave us the camera and told us to "go take pictures". So we decided to kid around, and have a little fun. This picture is for all of my fellow Napoleon Dynamite lovers out there.

"Now take your fist and slowly easy it under your chin.....Now tilt your head....Picture Sea Horses...."

















Fisherman's wharf: Fisherman's wharf was by far the best place we went. I got to see Alkatraz (didn't get to go in it though :(...) we hit all of the hot spots, and joked around the entire time, oh yes & FREE chocolate!


4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay pictures!! I'm glad you guys had fun! How are you liking Illinois? I miss you guys a lot....... hope you're having fun!

Saturday, January 28, 2006 1:28:00 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cool pics!!!!!!! How is Illinois? It's ben rainy a lot lately... Reeeeeeeeeally miss you guys.

Saturday, January 28, 2006 2:19:00 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Mallory!!!!!! call me and tell me what its like in your new home!!!

Sunday, January 29, 2006 9:50:00 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, you're already there? Mail is slow...

Monday, January 30, 2006 4:55:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home